The DevCenter has moved!

The Developer Center has a new home, developer.ektron.com. The site you are currently viewing is available as a read-only archive.
Things to note:
  1. Your username & password is the same on the new site, developer.ektron.com
  2. Going forward, please use the new URL, developer.ektron.com
  3. The old discussion forums and old KB articles are still available as an archive (read-only)
RSS Feed Print Category View
BlogArchive max limit?
Kris
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 4:46 PM

Is there a limit somewhere that would stop blogs from showing up after a certain number or a certain date?

http://www.utne.com/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=34

Should archive back until October 2007 (but as you can see at this link, it only archives back to January 2008.

The following article is in the CMS.
It is active.  (see doc attachment for one example)

The URL doesn't even show the article (when you click on it in the CMS) it's just.. empty!

http://www.utne.com/Media/Dear-Hitler-Im-Your-Biggest-Fan.aspx

This is occurring in ALL older archives on this site.
This is not just one article, but it is all articles in all blog topics. The archives are not showing all of our articles. Now, we understand it might be necessary to have a limit on how many are shown on a page (we should control that, though) but the links to the articles really need to work whether or not they are listed in the blog archives.

We are using
7.61 SP4

It also happens in the previous versions.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,
Kris

File Attachment(s):
missingblog.doc (355328 bytes)

Kris
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:10 AM

Well, I guess I'm going to go ahead and call Ektron support on this.
It's ridiculous that no one can access these blog posts.

Kris

PS
This isn't just a small problem, here is what is missing so far:

Arts: Everything before January 2008 is missing (30 posts)

Environment: Everything before November 2007 is missing (8 posts)

Great Writing: Everything before December 2007 is missing (20 posts)

Media: Everything before January 2008 is missing (37 posts)

Politics: Everything before April 2008 is missing (127 posts)

SciTech: Everything before January 2008 is missing (37 posts)

Spirituality: Everything before January 2008 is missing (35 posts)

Total posts missing: 294

Kris
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:30 PM

Spent a couple hours with Ektron support on the Phone.

Blog and BlogPost controls seem to be working fine, unfortunately, it's BlogArchive and BlogEntries that we use.

BlogArchive, I think I have figured out, but I'm simply not getting any data for the BlogEntries control.

Since I've worked with Ektron support, I am able to get these controls to mostly work on the development server, but not the live server.

The only differences between Live and Dev is versions and Sync/Load Balancing.

Version 7.61 SP4 on Live

Version 7.61 SP1 on Dev.

I guess I'll be calling Ektron support back again. Maybe they'll have some insights on what might have changed between versions?

Kris
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 1:17 PM

So, Ektron, what changed in the blog controls between 76.1 sp1 and sp4?

Like an earlier post said, we can't really rely on the info given out because many of us have already discovered changes that we were never notified about

see post: http://dev.ektron.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=25634

I need to know what changed so I can figure out if it's something I need to change in our code or if there is yet another Ektron bug with the blogs.

Thanks,
Kris

Kris
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:17 AM

Wow.
I'm sure enjoying this conversation I'm having with myself...
It's too bad none of my multiple personalities seem to know the answer to my issues..
(other than the obvious, of course, and I refuse to check myself in.. *grin*)

Kris

PS
Does anyone else have more than 6 pages of Blog entries in the CMS and use the BlogEntries Ektron Control to display them?

kb

Kris
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 5:52 PM

Siva is my hero!!! ;)
He is the best damn Customer Support person at Ektron!! (In my opinion anyway!!)

I was finally able to get the support I needed and show him how the blog controls don't work after a certain number of blog entries!

It does look like it's a 7.61 SP4 issue.

Whoo hoo!!!

;)

Just wanted to share, since I'm still having this conversation with myself, I'm enjoying  the heck out of letting my other self know that Siva is on top of it!!

*grin*
Kris

Kris
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:44 PM

Siva! Where are you?
Khurram is confused and I need to know what's going to happen since we do not have a copy of the old version of the DB!

Khurram sent me this:
"Since the out of the box controls are pulling the older posts back, we would have to step through the code to find out where its failing. Without the old database (which you said you dont have anymore) we cant say for sure if it is a bug in that version or not. We can piece the code together little by little and find out at what point the older posts are being dropped."

But it is the out of the box Blog control that isn't working in the 7.61 SP4 version!
We already determined it worked fine in the 7.61 SP1 version!

Help!!
Where are you!!?!?

LOL  

Kris

Kris
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:31 PM

Ah, to continue my "blog", Khurram went away and now I have been assigned so someone new. (Who has been updating me... once a week)

It's only been a couple months. Maybe we'll get results finally!! Today we did (another) live meeting and I showed him (again) the problem with our missing blogs. He did it on his own computer with a blog control, and voila! There was the issue (again) right in front of their eyes! *grin*

;)

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming..
Kris

Kris
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 11:52 AM

We will be getting a Stored Proc today to fix the problem!!  ;)

Whoo hoo!!!
Kris

Doug
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 11:59 AM

was it a certain number of posts in each section that were showing? like 100 for each section? they probably have in there something like get top 100 * from blogs

doug

Kris
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:01 PM

Haven't seen the stored procedure yet, but I'm guessing it was something like that.. ;)

Doug
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:57 PM

I just had a thought. it may be doing a paging so your getting the page 1 list. perhaps see if the control has a paging value? or numbers/page or something.

doug

Doug
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:00 PM

it may be using this one

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[cms_GetContDataForLanguage]

@inPagenum integer = 1,

@inPerpage integer = 50,

@inContentType integer = 1,

@inFolderID bigint = 0,

@inContentLanguage integer = 1033,

@orderBy nvarchar(80) = 'content_title',

@outTotalPages integer output

AS
which as you can see has paging of 50 so if that is how many your getting then it is probably this function

Kris
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 8:57 AM

Actually it was cms_loadteaserbyfolder.

We got the fix (after COB on Thursday, of course, right before a 3 day weekend, go figure) and haven't tried it yet.

Doug
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 9:31 AM

that one has a default page size of 250 so perhaps was that the limit you were getting?
Kris
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 9:33 AM

Looks that way. ;)
Doin a win-dif and it's those lines that are changed and a folder_type that is checked as well.

Kris
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 9:55 AM

Just an FYI from Ektron

"This fix will also be built into our next mainline release, as scheduled, which will be 8.0."

KPL_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:50 PM

We just upgraded to 8.5 sp1, and are now having the exact same problem..  only 250 blog posts are showing up..  I checked the cms_loadteaserbyfolder SP, but the line that had the page size restriction no longer includes the page size 250 condition..  is there someplace else that could be limiting these?  thanks for any assistance.. 

if(@pagesize=0 or @pagesize>250)
2 set @pagesize=250

lcs
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:00 AM

Hi Jim,

Are you using a templated control?

This thread might help.

http://dev.ektron.com/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=39255 

Ektron 8.5 SP1

KPL_Jim
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 4:41 PM

the problem was not so much that it was only displaying 250 posts, as much as that it was displaying the oldest 250 instead of the newest...  I ran 8.5 SP2 this afternoon, mostly to fix the calendar proformance issues, but it also fixed this blog problem..  fyi.

thanks

Jim

Jump to different Forum...