The DevCenter has moved!

The Developer Center has a new home, developer.ektron.com. The site you are currently viewing is available as a read-only archive.
Things to note:
  1. Your username & password is the same on the new site, developer.ektron.com
  2. Going forward, please use the new URL, developer.ektron.com
  3. The old discussion forums and old KB articles are still available as an archive (read-only)
RSS Feed Print Category View
Page builder widget modal dialog problem
Will
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:49 PM

Problem:

We were having an issue with the modal dialog that is used to pick the content for a ContentBlock widget.  There was a strange display problem, the content picker controls were copied to the html behind the modal dialog as well as in the dialog.. It's hard to describe so I attached an screenshot of the issue.

Cause:

After much debugging...

The reason it is happening is because we have two form elements on the page (The runat='server' asp form tag, and the search box in the upper right corner which uses a form tag)

The cause of the issue seems to be this line in the WidgetTray.js file:

Line 581: modalcontent.prependTo("form");

This causes the dialog html to be placed on the page twice and generally breaks everything

Temporary solution:

Our temporary solution is to get rid of the search form (not ideal obviously) which fixes the page.

Are you guys aware of this issue? Any recommendations on a more permanent solution?

Thanks,

-Will

File Attachment(s):
Pagebuilder_modal.jpg (85262 bytes)

Mike
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 12:36 PM

Will, we literally just had the exact same problem.  Taking out the form or modifying the javascript is all I can think of.  I think that depending on your layout you can style the "search" so that appears above the runat form visually, but actually occurs AFTER the runat form within the html and that way I think ektrons js will grab the first, correct form.  Let me know what else you find.

Jump to different Forum...