The DevCenter has moved!

The Developer Center has a new home, developer.ektron.com. The site you are currently viewing is available as a read-only archive.
Things to note:
  1. Your username & password is the same on the new site, developer.ektron.com
  2. Going forward, please use the new URL, developer.ektron.com
  3. The old discussion forums and old KB articles are still available as an archive (read-only)
RSS Feed Print Category View
How to run video files with 3rd party plugins?
ektron8
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:20 AM

I have mp4 file. My company has its own player. I cant install windows media player plugin to run the MP4 file. So how to integrate my third party player with Ektron to run MP4 files or others.?

Ektron-MattO
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:26 AM

Hey ektron8,

There are multiple ways to accomplish this.  The easiest way would be to create a custom widget (.ascx file) for pagebuilder and give you content authors the ability to drag and drop it onto templates.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

~Matt

ektron8
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:41 PM

Hi Ektron-Matto,

I tried with uploading MP4 file and tried to integrate with website using ContentBlock server control. It was asking to install windows-media plug in to run the MP4 file. But our office fire fall does not allow to install. Because our office is protected with fire fall to download from outside.

How do I specify my media file to accept my own media player in Ektron 8.02?. Is there any settings?.

If you give more details that would be great. Before creating the widget I would like to know the answer for my question.

If possible if you post the file that will help me.

Ektron-MattO
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:59 PM

Hey Ektron8,

This link should be helpful:

http://documentation.ektron.com/cms400/v801/webhelp/Main_Import_file/asset_management_multimedia_assets.htm

Thanks,

~Matt

Jump to different Forum...